The first ever Aspen Words Literary Prize was awarded on April 12 to Exit West by Mohsin Hamid. The Aspen Words Literary Prize is a $35,000 annual award for an influential work of fiction that illuminates a vital contemporary issue and demonstrates the transformative power of literature on thought and culture. You can learn more about the prize and the books at Aspenword.org.
Find the books in InfoSoup
- Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- What It Means When A Man Falls From the Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah
- What We Lose by Zinzi Clemmons
- Mad Country by Samrat Upadhyay
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
Fox Cities Reads is happy to announce that, Salt to the Sea, by best-selling author Ruta Sepetys has been selected for the 2018 Read, which is a one book, one community reading program. Readers are encouraged to pick up a copy of the book and participate in discussions and events leading up to the author’s visit to the Fox Cities on April 12th & 13th, 2018.
- Kaukauna High School April 12th at 12:45 pm, public presentation and book signing
- Appleton North High School April 12th at 6:30 pm, public presentation and book signing
- Appleton Public Library April 13th at 10:00 am, public presentation and book signing
- Neenah High School April 13th at 2:00 pm (school visit)
Each year the American Library Association (ALA) honors books and media for children and teens. The oldest and best known of these awards are the Caldecott and Newbery Medal. Check out our Children's Book Awards page our Award Winning Books for Teens page for this years ALA winners and honor books.To learn more about these and other awards, visit the ALA Book, Print & Media Awards page.
IMPORTANT NOTE (2/14/2018): We are experiencing a netowrk problem that is affecting new user sign up for RB Digital Magazines. We hope to have the problem resolved later toaday.
We have added 21 new magazines to our RB Digital Magazine collection, bringing the total collection to 138 current titles. The new titles are:
- The Atlantic
- Better Homes and Gardens
- Cloth Paper Scissors
- Conde Nast Traveler
- Cook's Country
- Cook's Illustrated
- Do It Yourself
- Family Fun
- HGTV Magazine
- Life & Style Weekly
- Marie Claire
- New Scientist
- OK! Magazine
- Wisconsin Game & Fish
- Wisconsin Magazine of History
- Woman's World
View/Print a complete list of our RB Digital Magazine subscriptions. RB Digital magazines are identical to the print copy and are free with your librry card. You can checkout and read on your computer or use the free apps that are available in the Apple Store, Google Play, and Amazon App Store.
To Get Started
- Go to InfoSoup and click on the RB digital Magazine link or go directly to https://www.rbdigital.com/appletonwi
- Click Create New in the upper right-hand corner
- Follw the steps to create an account
To Check Out
- Browse or Search the collection and click on the magazine cover you would like to checkout.
- Click the Checkout button
- Then click the "Start Reading" button
Stop at your local InfoSoup library or contact RB Digital support directly:
1-877-772-8346 or email@example.com
RB Digital support is available from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm Monday through Friday.
UPDATE: 2/14/18 at 1:23 pm. The network problem has been resolved. Users should now be able to sign in to OverDrive and create accounts for RB Digital Magazines. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
We are experiencing a network problem that is causing login and checkout issues for OverDrive Users. The issue is also causing problems for new users tyring to sign up for RB Digital Magazine and Audiobook services. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have the issue resolved Wednesday morning.
If you have title checked out in OverDrive or RB Digital you should still have access. The problem with OverDRive is signing in or checking out new materials and the problem for RB Digital is creating a new account.
In November, Goodreads members voted for their favorite books from 2017 in 20 categories. Winners were selected on December 5th (the winner is listed first for each category). Use our book lists below to find this years best books in InfoSoup, or visit godreads Choice Awards page to see reviews from Goodreads members.