We are aware of an InfoSoup problem where mobile users sometimes get an error message saying: "Sorry, this application is not currently available. Please try again later or contact your librarian." Our catalog vendor is aware of the problem. In fact, we thought they had fixed it, but apparently not.
The issue arises when users are not correctly redirected to the mobile version of the catalog. We don't know exactly what is happening, but sometimes the web browser, it appears, caches the incorrect url and is never able to redirect the user to the mobile site. If you are having this problem on your phone, here are some things you can try.
- See if this link will work: http://search.infosoup.org/iii/mobile/?lang=eng&suite=mobile
- If it doesn't work, you may need to clear the browser cache first. Here are instructions for clearing the browser cache on and Android phone and iPhone. This process may vary by phone.
- Try opening a "private" or "incognito" tab and going to http://search.infosoup.org/iii/mobile/?lang=eng&suite=mobile and login from that page.
- If these options don't work, you can also use our original mobile site at http://m.infosoup.org. Select My Account from the top right corner.
- If you have a larger phone, try going directly to the not-mobile version of the catalog at: http://search.infosoup.org/iii/mobile/?lang=eng&preferredSite=desktop
- If you are an Appleton Public Library patron, try downloading their free mobile app.
If none of these options work, please let your local library know. Thanks for your patience.