Preview Our New Catalog!
Coming soon, a new look to InfoSoup, powered by BiblioCommons! We are busy putting the finishing touches on our New Catalog. We think you will find it easier to use and will love the new features. But don't take our word for it give it a try and let us know what you think! Although we are in the preview stage, the catalog is live and up-to-date. You can view your account, search the full catalog, place holds, add to your shelves, and create lists.
Our BiblioCommons catalog provides new features and a new interface, but our current catalog will remain available if you prefer to use it.
To learn more, take a look at some of our introductory videos
Or you can dive right in. The first time you sign in, you will need to regsister.
Registration and Logging In
Visit the new catalog at infosoup.bibliocommons.com
- Click on the Log In/My Account dropdown in the upper right corner and select Log In/Register
- Enter your library card barcode and personal PIN number. Your PIN will be the same in both the old and new catalogs. If you don't know your PIN, try your birthday in 6 digit, MMDDYY format, or contact your local library.
- If this is your first time signing in to the new catalog, you will be directed to register and create a Username.
- Think of the Username as your library nickname. This is the name others will see if you post any public comments - make it something memorable or something that says a bit about you.
- The Date of Birth field will automatically fill from your existing library account. Your date of birth is only used to determine if you are a minor. If the date is incorrect, complete the registration and then contact your local library.
- An email address is optional and can be used to reset your password or PIN and receive notifications of items ready for pickup, coming due or overdue.
Once you create a username, you can login using that instead of your library card number.
The new catalog has some great social features for connecting with other readers. However, not everyone wants to participate, and some would rather keep their reading activities private. the good news is the YOU have control over what gets shared with others.
To view and manage your privacy settings:
- Log in to your account
- On the menu, click My Settings
- On the My Settings page, look for the Privacy section
- Set your default privacy settings for your Shelves and Feeds. Regardless of your default shelf setting, you can always make individual items private or shared.
See Privacy Settings help page in the catalog for more details.
Shelves & Borrowing History
Unfortunately BiblioCommons cannot import lists from our current catalog, nor can it import or access the borrowing history in our current catalog. Our current catalog, however, will not be going away. If your borrowing history is currently enabled, it will continue to keep track of items you check out, and can be accessed by signing into your account. If you have lists in the current catalog, those will remain. You will have the option to recreate them in BiblioCommons using the new shelves and lists features.